Sunday, February 5, 2017

Amateur Photographer Captures 'Mystery Sea Creature' Off Herne Bay

An amateur photographer is appealing for help after discovering he had unwittingly captured a mystery sea creature. Graphic designer Michael Green from Staverton near Daventry was holidaying in Whitstable last summer with his wife. He captured the image while visiting Herne Bay on July 24 - but has only just noticed the unexpected animal.
He said: "I take a lot of photos with a view to putting them on my website or using them in club photo competitions. With that in mind, I took some photos of Herne Bay Pier and as I was walking along the seafront saw a couple on the blue viewing point opposite.
"I thought it made for a nice photo so I took seven photos of them, but without taking too much notice of the background. "It was only today, whilst sorting out photos to back up, that I found something I couldn't explain in the background." Mr Green insisted he had not doctored the image. He added he thought it could be a "dolphin or something similar".